Position Title: Technical Designer
Reports To: Pattern & Marking Manager
FLSA Status: (as determined by FLSA guidelines-refer to HR for assignment)
Date Prepared/Updated: December, 2018
Purpose of Position: To expedite Production Markers. To assist in maintaining and improving garments for the Tyndale Line of Clothing.
Accountabilities and Job Activities:
- To produce a marker from a cutting ticket to send to facilities.
- Use a Gerber PDS & Marking System.
- Make appropriate fit and construction adjustments.
- Maintain and audit pattern library.
- Create and apply grading to spec sheets from Production Patterns.
- Create Spec Sheets from Sample garments for review.
- Coordinate the requirements of trim items and labels for our factories.
- Other duties as needed by the Pattern & Marking Manager or the VP of Supply Chain.
- Working knowledge of a PDS & Marker System (Gerber System preferred).
- College degree in Apparel related studies preferred or 3 years of working with Pattern Design software.
- Menswear experience preferred.
- Pattern or Marker Making Certification a plus.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Highly motivated and results driven
- Proactive, with a sense of urgency
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail