- Key responsibility : pricing and writing Tyndale’s response to RFQs (Request for Quote), RFPs (Request for Proposal) and RFIs (Request for Information), a critical part of our new business acquisition and client retention strategy. Proposals are submitted to Fortune 1000 companies, state and local governments.
- Assisting with all aspects of pricing, maintaining pricelists, developing pricing portion of proposal responses, and handling proposal submission (including detailed paperwork)
- Analyzing pricing specifications, including pricing for program renewals, new product additions to existing programs as well as ongoing review of account profitability.
- Respond to ad-hoc price requests for items that are outside standard product pricing process flow.
- Support ongoing database management, including ability to maintain data, ensuring end-user interface is simple and easy to use.
- Maintaining standard product pricing using sophisticated Excel spreadsheet.
- Maintain pricelists for distributed and manufactured products, ensuring that they are updated on an as-needed basis.
- Understanding customer needs and working closely with internal management to ensure capabilities match requirements. Clearly and simply communicating the company’s strengths and expertise in RFP’s and RFI’s.
- Strong editing skills, attention to detail and organizational skills are necessary for the management of multiple documents, projects, and physical assembly of responses.
- Ensure brand positioning and messaging are consistent across channels.
- Must be comfortable working with employees at all levels of the organization, in a fast-paced environment.
The Pricing - Marketing Specialist will have the opportunity to help implement Tyndale’s corporate marketing and branding strategy, including some elements of the following:
- Develop a solid understanding of competitive product lines and become familiar with competitive pricing strategy.
- Develop strategies that leverage key company initiatives, striking a balance between customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Ensure consistency in product pricing across departments and locations.
- Work closely with forecasting to understand and analyze impact of new product introductions, regulatory changes and market changes, and assess the impact on overall product demand.
- Work closely with manufacturing, sales, forecasting, and IT to ensure our products are priced competitively in the market.